Nvidia Tegra Promises 1080p Video, 25-day Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
They don't really say much about the conditions, so I don't see the point in speculating unless they plan on elaborating on the conditions that 46 frames were stated from (is that an average?).

I mean, just look at the Ion platform, and what it could do, and the Atom was the bottleneck in such applications.

apmyhr

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2009
Am I missing something or did they fail to mention what battery size/type and conditions they used to come up with these numbers?

sunraycer

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Previous articles stated that Tegra is an ARM based IC. That means no Windows XP/Vista/7 correct? These will need to be Linux or Windows CE netbooks...

G

The battery is a 12V car battery. There's a backpack type accessory, not to be confused with a ghostbusters backpack.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]Gin Fushicho[/nom]Usually when Nvidia mentions FPS they mean some of the higher end games like Timeshift CoD5 and the like.[/citation]
All of those games are x86, this is an ARM processor.

I thought they were only going to use this in phones, and other portable hand held devices (Game consoles?). I netbook seems rather silly to me.

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
"A dozen new MIDs debuted(sic) at Computex today using Tegra, except that(sic) they weren’t quite(sic) the devices we ?(sic) expecting to get the Tegra-(sic)treatment."

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]All of those games are x86, this is an ARM processor.I thought they were only going to use this in phones, and other portable hand held devices (Game consoles?). I netbook seems rather silly to me.[/citation]
Depends on what you consider a netbook to be and what it should be used for. If you just need a device that can handle email, web browsing, word processing, and IM/chat, but can't stand to do all that on a tiny Blackberry, then an ARM-based netbook is perfect. The Atom is a little over-kill for the uses I described above, and a lot of under-kill for just about anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.