News Nvidia Testing Priority Access Program For RTX 4090 Founders Edition Buyers

Oct 13, 2022
I got an email telling me that I could use the priority program and then could activate it via Geforce Experience. Was able to buy a 4090 Founders Edition via NBB (Germany).

"...most models going out of stock almost instantly at launch. Even now, all RTX 4090 models are out of stock at retailers like Newegg and Best Buy. "

Until yesterday there was stock at newegg (sellers newegg and zotac), now it seems theres only third party ones.

Well there are some AIB models available at nvidia website, many at $1599 in case anyone needs or want to buy this GPU.

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
I know I had posted comments on this forum last year recommending Nvidia do this exact thing -- sell GPUs through their own marketplace to obvious gamers as determined by gaming libraries and play time statistics. This seems like the smart way to use all that big data on consumers as an effective countermeasure to scalpers. It's not 100%, but it is better than dumping cards on storefronts where anyone can buy. I also noticed Sony doing a similar thing last year by giving PS5 order priority on their own store to people with active gamer accounts with multiple games with play time.

I wish Amazon would adopt this sort of approach too. Getting tired of all the football spam and the mail promotions about Thursday night games. I dumped cable because regional sports fees and the price of mandatory bundled ESPN got insane. I hate seeing football ads plastered on Amazon reminding me of why Prime costs more and is likely to go up again next year. Amazon knows I don't watch football, so stop spamming it to me. >_<