nVidia Titan XP Star Wars Edition Overheating

Feb 22, 2018
Hello everyone.

I have recently purchased an nVidia Titan XP Star Wars Edition (Jedi Order) GPU. I have noticed that when playing several demanding games, such as PUBG (on Ultra settings of course), the temperature of the GPU reaches 85-86C degrees. I even tried to place my hand at the back of my PC, and it feels like it's glowing (by the way I owned an Asus Gtx 1070 before, and for sure it didn't feel the same). Even though the official description of the card states that the Titan XP can reach temperatures up to 96C degrees, I am worried about decreasing my card's lifespan.

Anyone else having such an issue? Shall I consider other ways of cooling my GPU? Perhaps adding more case fans? (I already got 4+1 on my Kraken x42)

Solution
Well it's blower cooler is not really very good, plenty of reviews on that card they all hit the mid 80s and throttle out of the box. No idea why nvidia uses that cooler on such an expensive card.

How are your case fans set up? You may be able to knock off a few degrees with very good case airflow.

I would create a custom fan profile for the GPU fan in something like msi afterburner to allow the fan to ramp up higher. However this also will likely only knock off a few degrees and add more noise.

Bottom line if you want to get that card out of the 80s under load you will likely have to get a new cooler. Not sure if you want to go down that road, but NZXT has something called a kraken G12 it is basically an adapter that will allow...

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
Well it's blower cooler is not really very good, plenty of reviews on that card they all hit the mid 80s and throttle out of the box. No idea why nvidia uses that cooler on such an expensive card.

How are your case fans set up? You may be able to knock off a few degrees with very good case airflow.

I would create a custom fan profile for the GPU fan in something like msi afterburner to allow the fan to ramp up higher. However this also will likely only knock off a few degrees and add more noise.

Bottom line if you want to get that card out of the 80s under load you will likely have to get a new cooler. Not sure if you want to go down that road, but NZXT has something called a kraken G12 it is basically an adapter that will allow you to mount various CPU AIO water coolers to the titan.

https://www.nzxt.com/product-overview/kraken-g12

Solution
Feb 22, 2018

Thanks buddy. Actually, I have considered the GPU cooler solution, however they do not seem to recommend that from nVidia and I do not feel like doing that. General question is: Should I worry about those temperatures? I own the NZXT H440 Razer Edition case. I installed my Kraken X42 at the rare slot, so there are 3 fans on the front of the case + 1 on the top of it.