Nvidia to Release GT 430 to Rain on AMD Launch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

First! and its not likely that they will "Rain" on anything...go ATI...no wait...go AMD!

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I seriously doubt either of those card are gonna rain on AMD's parade.
What are we gonna hear next? Nvidia renaming half their current 4XX series to 5xx so they can trick people into thinking they having something "new" to compete against AMD's new offerings? It wouldnt surprise me one bit, I mean seriously, how many times was the 8800 renamed before they finally made something truly new?

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]I seriously doubt either of those card are gonna rain on AMD's parade. What are we gonna hear next? Nvidia renaming half their current 4XX series to 5xx so they can trick people into thinking they having something "new" to compete against AMD's new offerings? It wouldnt surprise me one bit, I mean seriously, how many times was the 8800 renamed before they finally made something truly new?[/citation]

8800 GTX series was so ahead of the competition back then so they didn't had to work had to earn their money, they became decadent like most companies who lack competetion just like intel did when amd overtook them. Look what happened to intel after - they kicked their R&D into overgear and came out with their best product upgrade in a long time. Bet nvidia will do the same.

The thing is that we customers should be really happy that there are some real competition, better hardware for less prices than thoose microupgrades for higher prices when a single company is dominant.

the_wolf88

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
AMD is going to release a high performance card and Nvidia planning to reply to those cards with Entry Level Card !!! What a joke !!

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Trust me, Im all about competition. It would mean a nice, cheap 5770 for me to Crossfire with the one I already have. Im just leery of the stunts Nvidia has pulled in the past, along with the whole defective GPU debacle. It will take a lot for me to consider them again when it comes time to upgrade my GPU's.

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
we need more X2 cards! CF cads, they should come out with a 5850x2 thats cheaper than a gtx480 instead and kill off Nvidia with this as some ppl can quad xfire!!!!!!!

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Rain? Sounds more like a very, very light sprinkle. The rain so light you barely notice it until someone points it out kind of rain. AMD's umbrella isn't afraid.

G

Is this gonna be another 210,220,240? As far as I see the GTS 450 just barely beat GTS250. whats GT430 gonna be? half speed of GTS450 @ 75% of its price? >_>

Graham_71

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Trust me, Im all about competition. It would mean a nice, cheap 5770 for me to Crossfire with the one I already have. Im just leery of the stunts Nvidia has pulled in the past, along with the whole defective GPU debacle. It will take a lot for me to consider them again when it comes time to upgrade my GPU's.[/citation]
[citation][nom]pangedit[/nom]Who the heck cares about entry level GPUs anyway?[/citation]
Im always looking for the best value & a few notches up from entry level is where it's always at. Ever since the go7950gtx in my Dell XPS M1710 fried I only look at AMD's range. If Nvidia lowered their GTX480 to $20 it might be worth the risk but it still wont fit in the laptop. I look forward to seeing AMD's 6000 series benchmark's on here in a few weeks time...

proxy711

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]Who cares about a low end 400 series card, wake me up when they are lowering the price of the 480s.[/citation]
Why would you want a 480? well i guess if your motherboard doesn't have sli. because 2 460s in sli beat a 480 in every way but slightly more watt usage. some sites report its only a 15watt difference at 100% load. 480s in sli is just a huge waste of money. even if it dropped 100 dollars its still a waste. use that extra 500 for a good SSD that will help more then having 2 480s when your monitor cant display more then 60fps or 120fps if you have a 3d monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.