Nvidia Updates SHIELD Hub, Brings 1080p 60 FPS Streaming To Console Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

dovah-chan

Honorable
Well when I want to play on the big screen I hook up my laptop and stream from my desktop using Steam in home streaming. I can see a lot of value (especially for me) the ability to lay in bed and play PC games.

But seriously if you're that lazy to not get off your bum and sit down in front of a desk, then I don't know how you're typing this reply unless you're in bed on your phone (like me).

Holy crap I love mobile devices that I can lay in bed with. Hurray for laziness!

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
It is a cool new feature of the nVidia Sheild but as said in the article everyone would would have wanted that before now on it would have most likely dont it with an actual TV by now

@dovah-chan get a girlfreind instead of a gaming console you lonely guy as a lady is much better than a virtual anything.

fuzzion

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Though i will be spending my money on either a free-sync or g-sync monitor or even an Oculas VR kit over this i view this as proof of future technology concept

aberkae

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2009
Pretty sweet update i was waiting for this update, i always wanted to use my enthusiast pc as a server and stream games at 1080p around my home

John Wittenberg

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
2Be_or_Not2Be, while it may be small it's also the most powerful android tablet you can get - and it won't break the bank either. Even if you just use it as a regular tablet the price point is still better than most other (reputable) brands.

Nick Burke

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
As far as I understand, 1080p 60 streaming is for console mode only. Can you stream and display on the tablet's screen at 1080p 60 too or does it have to be plugged in to a TV?

Status
Not open for further replies.