Nvidia vs ati 2010

G

Hello,
did I make a mistake buying a 5870 vapor-x, this is my first ati card I love it but Im worried that I should have waited for NVIDIA to get a better single card solution?

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
A 5850 might have been a better value, but no ATI cards are the way to go right now in the high end. We shall see what Nvidia brings at the end of March, but don't worry about it to much, there is always something new and shiny waiting around the corner. Just enjoy what you have and don't look back at what could have been.

welshmousepk

Distinguished
Fermi's a myth pretty much like the female orgasm :lol: . 5830 might be the best bang for the buck when it gets released.

this guy obviously has the skill with the ladies as well as with the PCs. xD

but yes, given that nvidias high end card id 700 dollars(according to some e-tailers), i don't think they are worth waiting for.

japps2

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
Well you supposedly get ~20% better performance out of the GTX470 over the 5870...at a ~25% price increase. Of course, we'll all have to wait for another month or two before anything really comes out. And by the time the supplies catch up; it might be summer...you could always sell the 5870 in late summer and buy the Fermi then, or get the next gen Ati card. But this is all overkill on what you'd need. It would all be mostly for bragging rights to owning the fastest card...

Hello,
did I make a mistake buying a 5870 vapor-x, this is my first ati card I love it but Im worried that I should have waited for NVIDIA to get a better single card solution?

Nah, like paperfox alluded to you shouldn't bother waiting for Fermi.... you should wait for the HD6870... or the Fermi2... or Larra-Croft-a-bee. Keep on waiting, something good will come by eventually. :whistle:

Here's an idea, enjoy what you have, and then when it doesn't perform to your expectations/wants in the games you play, then upgrade. If all you're doing is looking ahead for an e-pen1s improvement, then you'll never be happy because something newer and better is always on the horizon. :sol:

welshmousepk

Distinguished

well i'm always because i'm always upgrading...

:D