Jan 19, 2012
Hi,
I bought a new Dell workstation 3660 with
i-7 12700
2 NVIDIA T-600 Cards To Run 8 Monitors
Win-11 Pro
Eight 24 inch Monitors ( 1920 x 1200 ) Resolution

The problems I am facing are :

(1) Text size is too small to read because I have to be at least 4 to 5 feet away from 8 Monitors to keep an eye on them. Currently I am using Win-7 with 12 Monitors without any problems so is this Win-11 problem or Graphics card problem or something entirely different ?
(2) If I increase the Text size in Win-11, then fonts get clipped in half in windows explorer as shown so I can not read Folder & File names.
(3) I also tried increasing the scale in Win-11, but that just enlarges everything & File & Folder names still stay clipped.
(3) The resolution in two monitor is different from rest of 6 monitors. All monitors are 24 inch & 1920x1200 resolution. I don't have this problem in my older system with 12 Monitors & Win-7.

Can anyone running Windows-11 try to increase Text size to 200% or more & see if you have the same problem ? Also please try to increase Scale & see if that helps keeping text size as large as possible ?

Can someone tell me how add an image in this post so I can show you what I mean?

Thank You so much.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Can someone tell me how add an image in this post so I can show you what I mean?

win 11 seems to have problems with multi monitor display setups. 8 would surely test it.

you might need to look at something like this though I don't know if they have a max monitor count - https://www.displayfusion.com/

Colif

Win 11 Master
Colif, Really appreciate it but still can't understand it. Anyway to make it simpler to follow ?
i did wonder that when i posted link
go here - https://imgur.com/
you might need to set up a user.
click on user name and select images
9EaV5g0.jpg

click add images
once it uploads it will show as a small image on page (see above)
if you click an image in this page it shows like first image on my link

which I will have to edit to add the same steps. I should have done that before.

Colif

Win 11 Master
most multi monitor problem solutions assume you only have 2 monitors, not 8
Its so uncommon, have you tried asking on dell forums? Specific to your model?

Which version of Win 11 is that? There is Pro and then there is Professional for Workstations. Just wondering.

Last edited: