Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
So i take it NVIDIA are being very sectretive or not wanting to give us much news about any new cards they might be making. If they keep holding news back, or don't come up with new cards soon i rekon they will whither away. What do you people think? Eventhough the 5870 has not beaten the GTX 295 overall. It still is loads better, ATI cards are much more effective than NVIDIA cards, considering energy efficieny in relation to performance. Also size of their cards as well. Much smaller. I'm thinking that what might happen is that NVIDIA will come out with a new series of cards during Christmas that will save them not because their cards will be extraordinary but because people will want to save them lol from going bankrupt. I heard that NVIDIA have taken their GT200 series off now. Does this mean that their GT300 might actually be coming out very soon? If NVIDIA's new cards are not anywhere near ATI's energy efficiency in relation to performance then i will not be buying NVIDIA. If their mid range new cards competing with ATI 5850 are massive in size, such as the size of a gtx 285 then i will not buy from them.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009

it's a discussion sorry. O right they really are you think so? They're not abandning graphic cards though? Will they still make them but not soo much on the high end?Why is this? because they feel they will profit more on the software side you think? So all the enthusiasts will have to go for ATI now? What is cpgpu? So you rekon they won't really be producing sngle gpu cards to beat ATI's new 5870? ATI must be putting their prices up in the future then do you rekon if NVIDIA leaves the high end graphics market.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
why do you think they have left the gamer market, are you saying ATI has finally won the fight with NVIDIA for high end? I also heard from another source that it was during this recession that they have come out badly, and that ATI's profits have not been effected as badly.

Oh..I saw something like that, but I disregarded that as a second attempt at 40nm with a weak card (SEE: GT220/210).

But this says, "Takes PhysX to a new level." nVid is still keeping with their software, which will raise the price. As well as the fact that they've never been a budget company anyways; how could they compare to the price/perf of the new 5XXX series?

I guess it's silence for four more days...

The silence from the likes of Charlie & Co about whatever this card may or may not be is even more telling really as I've often wondered whether they do have 'reliable' sources or just get fed whatever misinformation a company wishes their competitors to believe.

Is that a guess based on rumour or is it a fact?, and if it's the latter can we have some links to that info please.

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
you're saying it could just be modifying of an 8800 lol? I have an NVIDIA motherboard, i bought it because at the time the other matx boards looked poor. I only bought it not more than a month ago. I would like to have another NVIDIA card to replace my GTS 250 sometime but i really don't want NVIDIA to let me down by completely ejecting from the gamer market. Despite i actually like ATI better. I'd prefer running an NVIDIA card on an nforce board.

daedalus685

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2008
Well, fudzilla was reporting it as a 275+gts250. I wouldn't expect much more than that. If there was a ray of hope at this being something more powerful I'd think Fuad (though it was not he that wrote that particular article) would be all over it.

Mind you.. I don't want any of you thinking I believe fud/charlie/BSN are exactly reliable sources...

noob2222

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2007

couldn't agree more, and seeing as this is an EVGA more than Nvidia prod, im guessing its a gtx295x2OC edition.

That would definatly be scary with a 700W power requirement along with a pricetag that would make anyone pale with fright. (Halloween for those that can't figure that out)

Nashsafc

Distinguished
May 13, 2009
i don't mind nvidia renaming cards, as long as when they are doing it they are improving aspects of the card. Putting it onto a smalller board and reducing it's power requirements. I think the GTS 250 uses less power than a 9800gtx+ and is on a smaller board for that i do think the GTS 250 is a reasonable success. Although it would have been nicer to reduce power requirements to 140 watts or less. I think the GTX 285 is still brill, if they could do what they did to the GTS 250, but sufficiently reduce the power consumption, put it on a smaller board and sell it at a more affordable price then it could still compete with ATI 5850. Why don't NVIDIA turn around become like ATI, not produce the most powerful graphics but produce reasonably powerful with an affordable price tag. Or do NVIDIA want to only be the best lol. They can't be an underdog they have to overprice and add only a bit more performance to their cards compared with ATI.