Nvidia's 334.89 WHQL Drivers Boost Performance Up to 19%

Status
Not open for further replies.

e_davis677

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2007
How about you title the article, "Nvidia's 334.89 WHQL Drivers Boost Performance for 8 Games." I think that would relate to the article better.

venym

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
And also need to mention that these improvements are what Nvidia is claiming, not what Tom's is reporting from testing in the title. Like, "Nvidia's 334.89 WHQL Drivers Claim They Boost Performance for 8 Games."

hitman40

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I just want Mount and Blade to be boosted from 200fps to 600fps, and to post a comment at Tomshardware. The second has been accomplished Nvidia, :D

Sep 22, 2013
Actually it should mention that this driver sucks and you should stay on 332.21. If you take 2 seconds to read the responses on the GeForce.com forums you'll see this driver has improved almost nothing.What sucks is that it actually had a noticeable improvement in G-Sync for BF4 (which isn't formally mentioned) but the FPS dropped.A lot of users are reporting much worse issues such as Surround not working, flickering screens, black screens, etc. This driver doesn't seem to have much to offer and Shadowplay with G-Sync is still screwed.

the_crippler

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
Actually it should mention that this driver sucks and you should stay on 332.21.
I "upgraded" to this driver last night in desperation - I've had nothing but issues with my card for months (flickering, black screens, driver getting blown away every time windows installs updates.) The best "help" their support has been able to give me is to roll back to a driver from last March as this has "been successful for others with my issues."Oh, and they also told me to trouble shoot my Windows update issues by seeing how well in works on Linux.Keep up the great work, Nvidia - you're doing a bang-up job of driving me back to ATI.

Actually it should mention that this driver sucks and you should stay on 332.21.
I "upgraded" to this driver last night in desperation - I've had nothing but issues with my card for months (flickering, black screens, driver getting blown away every time windows installs updates.) The best "help" their support has been able to give me is to roll back to a driver from last March as this has "been successful for others with my issues."Oh, and they also told me to trouble shoot my Windows update issues by seeing how well in works on Linux.Keep up the great work, Nvidia - you're doing a bang-up job of driving me back to ATI.
Sound like you have a defective card friend. I would return it for a new one.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
So, instead of claiming that the new drivers are great, why doesn't ANYONE point out that the old ones were demonstrably crap?

Good point. However, I think something to this effect is to be expected with newer hardware. Its not an exact science to optimize drivers for individual games. I'm glad to see they're keeping up with their support.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I agree with Thor220. I had the same types of issues with an AMD APU, I thought it was just underpowered but when contacting support it turned out to be a defective product. When I had the laptop replaced (covered by warranty) it worked flawlessly, within its own limits. I'd recommend checking with the manufacturer to have it replaced. If warranty has already expired you may be able to escalate through support to get someone with authority to acknowledge its defective and still honor the defective product, but no guarantees. Best of luck.

prancingman

Reputable
Feb 19, 2014
I remember reading the update notes yesterday thinking, I haven't played a single one of these games in a long time ... Then I thought, oh god, NVIDIA hasnt actually been working on these improvements since they came out, have they? Then I thought, if they haven't been, then why on earth would they suddenly find % increases in these games and not newer titles.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I just wanna remind you it is a beta. It will go through optimization on the developers end and the drivers end in no time. I play on lowest settings and although i hated the COD series, I can't seem to put this game down.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I just wanna remind you it is a beta. It will go through optimization on the developers end and the drivers end in no time. I play on lowest settings and although i hated the COD series, I can't seem to put this game down.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

I'm curious where you came to that conclusion, have you worked with graphics API's prior? I'd love to hear some reference regarding how its an exact science. I've done some googling in my time but have not seen anything that makes it sound as if API's are as easy as you make it sound.

aberboy0

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

same here, very addictive, im on pretty much 75% max settings and its looks stunning even though hasnt been optimised as of yet, the titanfall adds another dimension to the game or sure

aberboy0

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011

sumit happened when i installed through gerforce experience, it was installing for like 30mins and was thinking wtf, then it hung, rebooted and they had been installed and no issues since, so guessing a geforce experiece issue my end

Status
Not open for further replies.