Nvidia's Corporate Network Compromised

Status
Not open for further replies.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
So a bunch of usernames and passwords were stolen ... wait for the next attack to be a "social hacking" type attack in which another party that did not steal the usernames and passwords to use them to access the nVidia network or at least try to and steal something more variable like the GPU design blueprints for the up and coming versions of it whatever they might be or something like that which actually has a sizeable amount of cash attached to it.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I am waiting the US president come out and said they have 100% proof that it is either done by Chinese, Russian or North Korean.

Innocent_Bystander

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Screw low hanging fruit, NVidia is a juicy target for their government contracts alone.

This one is far more ominous than the hack that hit Sony. It has industrial espionage written all over it.

delellod123

Honorable
Jun 5, 2012
I think the sony attack was just disgruntled employees. Sony spun it into a marketing scheme to boost ratings for the Interview. And experiment with a new way of distributing new movies i.e.: streaming.

g00ey

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009

Yay, the conspiracy plot thickens. These blueprints will be used for brain implants that will turn monkeys into killer machines, or better yet, they are going to use them to make a big nucular bomb that will eradicate the whole world. Scary shit indeed! *putting my mithril tinfoil hat on*

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010

you never tried your hand in hacking have you? the easiest way to hack is to already have the username and password to get in. As the nVidia Corporate network compromise only took usernames and passwords it will be easier now as the first thing which nVidia probably did was have all their employees change the passwords and/or have the computer do it for them then have the employees change it again to something not used before.
Back to hacking once you have the keys to get in you can take alot of other stuff and not be noticed at all. This is what i ment by wait for the next hack on them as they might not even notice that it has happened.

FTLAUDMAN

Reputable
Aug 15, 2014
This is unfortunate. I like Nvidia.

I hope no sensitive data (designs, contracts, etc) were taken, but I agree that it sounds like someone was trying very deliberately to target Nvidia IP.

yumri

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2010
i also like nVidia so hopefully nothing to senstive is the target of this as i will hate for them to go under and/or have to scale back on their designs ... mainly because i like haveing CUDA on the 3D modeling programs that i use and nVidia is just getting better and better at implementing better and better CUDA versions to have on their GPUs the other parts i really do not care that much for but the great graphics and excellent GPU accellation from their GPUs i love.

Status
Not open for further replies.