Nvidia's Dual-GPU SFF Card Packs a Punch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
4 monitors at 2560x1600!?

Considering all the monitors I've seen at that resolution are +30', I don't see how you could fit all of those on a single Desktop. I have two 24' monitors on my desk now, and they take up quite a bit of space. It seems like the space you'd save on the PC form factor would be quickly lost by using 4 monitors.

[citation][nom]TIndytim[/nom]4 monitors at 2560x1600!?Considering all the monitors I've seen at that resolution are +30', I don't see how you could fit all of those on a single Desktop. I have two 24' monitors on my desk now, and they take up quite a bit of space. It seems like the space you'd save on the PC form factor would be quickly lost by using 4 monitors.[/citation]
:lol: Very true.

dyingcat

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2008
[citation][nom]TIndytim[/nom]4 monitors at 2560x1600!?Considering all the monitors I've seen at that resolution are +30', I don't see how you could fit all of those on a single Desktop.[/citation]
Got a friend who used to work at a big finance company. Heard almost everyone at his place has 4-8 monitors on their desks, so I guess it's possible =P

G

Usually cards like these go for couple of hundred bucks more!
I wonder how they'll perform in gaming environments; and how much they improve CAD / 2D drawings compared to a good modern to date- 3D card like a radeon 4870 card or so..?

ummmmmmm is it just me or this is some half assed dual low end card? 2x64 bit memory channels, 256mb per GPU, and with a cooler like that it cant be too powerful etc (not to sound like thats important etc)

i cant see a proper workstation in a slim line case either, this is just a no no for high end systems etc usually (raid setups, lots of cores, ram etc)

then again its not really my specialty....

bounty

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
It says 16 processor cores, but I wonder if that's total or per card. Nvidia 9400 has 16 "cores" so it's probably close to a 9400, or if each has 16 cores it's 2 9400's in SLI. Which would still be kinda slow I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.