Nvidia's GT200 Chip To Pack About 1 Billion Transistors Into 576 Mm2

Status
Not open for further replies.

draxssab

Distinguished
May 12, 2008
It seems that Nvidia continu their Moto "Bigger, hotter, pricier" I see no new concept there. They will probably keep their fans that liked this before though.
But i'm still more hurry to see ATI's new job.

BIGBIG GPU Vs Onboard physics, GDDR5 and low price tag, this summer war promise to be more violent than last year!

Hmmm... NVidia is adding a 512bit memory controller, which ATI had on the R600 but dropped on the R670. I don't think it will make a difference in true performane except it will give them more memory bandwidth.

It looks interesting and I am more than ready to watch these two duke it out again. R700 doesn't look like a pushover but this looks like it may challeneg it. Then again AMD is going for more the price/performance market. I just hope that doesn't stop them from giving the best possible performance like ATI used to do.

hannibal

Distinguished
No highend ATI 4xxx variant is coming (ATI's own information). But you can buy 3 4800X2 cards to make allmost the same effect in cf :)
A lot of money burned and little more speed achieved...

printz_asger

Distinguished
May 1, 2008
lol, the name is not 4800X2, but 4870X2 and that is very much a high-end Graphics Cards. Not as high-end like the 280gtx, but it is! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.