News Nvidia's H100 AI GPUs cost up to four times more than AMD's competing MI300X — AMD's chips cost $10 to $15K apiece; Nvidia's H100 has peaked beyond...

Pierce2623

Upstanding
Dec 3, 2023
It’s kinda crazy that companies are so lazy they’ll pay 4x for the same performance just for an easier to use software stack. If AMD put a real push behind their software stack, it still wouldn’t matter because Nvidia just has the mindshare period.

oofdragon

Honorable
Oct 14, 2017
So the craze about Artificial Intelligence is basically because most people lack Natural Intelligence, seeing as everyone is paying 4x more for the same performance. There we have it.. why RTX sells more than XTX... lack of NI

Reactions: mhmarefat

Neilbob

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2014
I'm sure said companies are just erring on the side of caution, trying to keep competition alive...

And after all, everyone be concerned. Nvidia are right on the edge of being completely destitute, so bad they're approaching Apple levels of poverty. Doesn't it make your heart break?

Freestyle80

Reputable
Aug 11, 2020
So the craze about Artificial Intelligence is basically because most people lack Natural Intelligence, seeing as everyone is paying 4x more for the same performance. There we have it.. why RTX sells more than XTX... lack of NI
yeah why dont they worship AMD like you, AMD are gods, more people should be bowing down to them and buy anything they release

Argolith

BANNED
May 31, 2023
Talking about the article... Hopefully with more money coming in they will have more to invest on the gaming side of things and maybe use these accelerators of theirs to build up a strong(er) alternative to DLSS... but I feel like they have little to no incentive at the moment (after all despite being similar to GPUs this is AI accelerators we're talking about and they sell to enterprise at much steeper prices) and probably we will just end up seeing more production capacity shifted away from gaming. Who knows, one day some cool feature might trickle down the product stack... Maybe?
Unfortunately I'm starting to forget the days Radeon moved a decent amount of units or introduced cool stuff like HBM to GPUs your average Joe might buy.