Nvidia's Latest Driver Is Game Ready For 'Titanfall 2' And 'The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Special Edition'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Fx

Reputable
Jan 2, 2015
The reviews of Skyrim Special Edition on Steam mention that it's no big improvement if you've already installed 3rd party patches to improve Skyrim, but for someone who had just played the original game, then moved on, it's a huge jump in quality. All the jagged edges are gone. It looks beautiful.

d_kuhn

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2002
It's not... I got it for free because I have all the skyrim content so I installed it. Compared to my base game ENB setup it's basically a wash (ENB better here, new version better there) - BUT its (IMO) still worth switching because being 64bit I expect it to have more options long term - AND I'm hopeful that enough of the mod'ing community will add new content to kick it up a few notches. And finally... my base game install is fairly stable but still crashes occasionally because of the crazy number of mods installed, many to improve graphics. Should be fewer graphics mods required now.

AngeleJR

Reputable
Jul 1, 2014
I have been playing Skyrim Special Edition ever since it came out and one thing I can say, is that the game is very stable! I have not had one single crash ever since. My game is even going up to 110+ FPS and I'm not having any problems with physics. Also, the retarded shadows have been fixed as well. This was one of the most annoying thing on Skyrim. No matter how much beast of rig you have, you'll still have those annoying jaggy shadows. I'm just glad that they fixed that for this version.
The updated engine that allowed this game to be ported over to 64 bit should also allow us players to mod the shit out of this game lol.

reza666

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
And their latest driver like the one before had a irritating bug:
https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/974536/geforce-drivers/announcing-geforce-hotfix-driver-version-375-76/11/

Even the fixed version dont work. Going past 120Hz creates banding on the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.