News Nvidia's Latest Driver Up Tackles LHR Crack

Aug 15, 2021
Maybe NVidia doesn't know that its possible to reinstall the older driver /s ..... Lol. Stupid people..... Lol. I can't believe they thought that their "unhackable" LHR would stop us... lol. All my cards are full hash rate anyway, so I dont care, but still, its hysterical

May 25, 2022
I'm sure the author is referring to people who mine during their computer downtime. ie. When not gaming. I know because this is what I do. I don't dedicate the PC to mining.

Ok many thanks for clearing that up. I had wondered if that was the case, but it seemed (wrongly) absurd to me that there might still be people mining on regular computers today.

D

Deleted member 14196

At least it didn’t down tackle it. As the rules clearly state only up tackling is allowed

mavroxur

Distinguished
Nvidia should've made a driver package that included firmware updates for most common LHR cards. 99% of people don't read the release notes. Boom, fix it in firmware (again?) and stick it to the asshat cryptominers that buy LHR cards and unlock them for mining.

Install a driver, get a nice new shiny firmware with more eth mitigations. Would it be the end-all fix? No, but it'd set them back a little ways.

Reactions: KyaraM and Krotow

watzupken

Reputable
Mar 16, 2020
Nvidia should've made a driver package that included firmware updates for most common LHR cards. 99% of people don't read the release notes. Boom, fix it in firmware (again?) and stick it to the asshat cryptominers that buy LHR cards and unlock them for mining.

Install a driver, get a nice new shiny firmware with more eth mitigations. Would it be the end-all fix? No, but it'd set them back a little ways.
You generally don't want to force a firmware upgrade unnecessarily because even with the most care, these firmware/BIOS flash can go wrong and render a good card unusable. In any case, I am not convinced that the LHR cards make any meaningful impact to supply of cards to "gamers".

Easier is to assign crypto craze to pyramid schemes in international law. Then cryptonuts instantly become criminals.

Reactions: KyaraM