Nvidia's Latest Game Ready Driver Is Also Prepared for RTX

Dyseman

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
My RTX 2080 is being delivered today. Have installed this driver with old GTX 1070ti antique currently inside. Today I can say GTX is so yesterday :) /runs for cover

Sep 20, 2018

This generation is a reach. I might still buy a couple and throw them in SLI if NVLink turns out to be worthwhile, but if your new flagship can't even beat the old generation in SLI(at the same price point), it's an abysmal failure. NVidia is on its way to becoming Intel, the company who no longer innovates, but spends all its time avoiding cannibalizing their own sales and ignoring the comp.

fazzeren

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
Nvidia is literally the only innovator. AMD's top offering can't touch the 1070ti. You serious right now?

New tech and architecture is the only thing that can really push GPUs forward now, you can't just continue to throw more numbers at it.

Sep 20, 2018

Totally. Intel was the ONLY innovator in CPUs 3 years ago also, right? What's keeping AMD from hiring NVidia guys too? #lmao

Why? Because $1200 is ridiculous for starters and perhaps he has other bills to pay that make spending that kind of coin on a piece of tech unrealistic. If you've got the money to drop on it, good for you.

Gurg

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2013
My concern is that Nvidia might take a page out of Apple's playbook and put something in the new drivers for 2080 and RT that will handicap and slow down the 1080tis.