News Nvidia's RTX 4070 Ti is Selling Better Than Traditional High-Volume GPUs in Germany

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
So the gross exploitation of monopoly is working exactly as Jensen intended, yes?
The incessant whining is growing a bit tiresome, Graphics cards are available from dozens of manufacturers, from three different GPU makers. That in no way, shape, or form, constitutes a monopoly. In the past few years die sizes have grown, fab costs have exploded, inflation has skyrocketed, and GPUs have become widely used for more than making pretty pictures. And the upcoming nodes like N3E look to be even worse.

You will never again see high-end cards released for less than four figures. Ever. Deal with it, and move on.

BX4096

Reputable
Aug 9, 2020
The incessant whining is growing a bit tiresome... You will never again see high-end cards released for less than four figures. Ever. Deal with it, and move on.
The incessant whining of your ilk grew too tiresome many years ago. Having $1,600 doesn't really make you any more special than the rest of us in the developed world. Having $1,600+ to waste on a video card does make you a little bit of sucker, though...

Jan 24, 2023
Hi, just to clarify the facts. The fact that the webshop is based in Germany does not mean that all the cards sold end up in the country. The store sells products throughout Europe. Cards are not available in all European countries and not at such favorable prices as in mindfactory. I know what I'm writing about. With friendly regards, Peter from Slovakia

Last edited:
Reactions: Why_Me

KyaraM

Admirable
Hi, just to clarify the facts. The fact that the webshop is based in Germany does not mean that all the cards sold end up in the country. The store sells products throughout Europe. Cards are not available in all European countries and not at such favorable prices as in mindfactory. I know what I'm writing about. With friendly regards, Peter from Slovakia

https://www.google.com/search?q=pre...ome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&chrome_dse_attribution=1#
Eeeeeeerrrrr...

Bitte beachten Sie, dass bei Bestellungen von privaten Endverbrauchern ein Versand nur innerhalb Deutschlands möglich ist.
"Please note that for private buyers/end users, shipping is only possible within Germany" would be the very rough translation of this.
https://www.mindfactory.de/info_center.php/icID/92

And your link is pretty useless, what do you want to show us there? Because for anyone who doesn't speak your language, which I think would be the majority here, there is nothing there anyone can read... and I don't think there even is something conclusive there to begin with... you sure you don't confuse Mindfactory and Alternate there?

edzieba

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2016
The incessant whining of your ilk grew too tiresome many years ago. Having $1,600 doesn't really make you any more special than the rest of us in the developed world. Having $1,600+ to waste on a video card does make you a little bit of sucker, though...
Remember that just because high-end cards exist, does not mean you have to pay for them, nor complain about their mere existance. It's as silly as complaining that £250 1200W PSUs exist when you use a £60 600W PSU - nobody is forcing you to spend more.

Don't want to buy an expensive GPU? Don't buy an expensive GPU. If you demand other people also not buy expensive GPUs, you're the same sort of person who demands other stop eating donuts because you are on a diet.

InvalidError

Titan
Remember that just because high-end cards exist, does not mean you have to pay for them, nor complain about their mere existance. It's as silly as complaining that £250 1200W PSUs exist when you use a £60 600W PSU - nobody is forcing you to spend more.

Don't want to buy an expensive GPU? Don't buy an expensive GPU. If you demand other people also not buy expensive GPUs, you're the same sort of person who demands other stop eating donuts because you are on a diet.
Except that with PSUs, you have no shortage of options for most power requirements if you don't want to pay $400+ for a PSU you don't need. With GPUs, you can only choose from a small number of similarly overpriced options with the more cost-optimal options usually being higher on the price ladder these days while the lower rungs are barely suitable for purpose.

Endymio

Reputable
BANNED
Aug 3, 2020
Except that with PSUs, you have no shortage of options for most power requirements if you don't want to pay $400
If you want to play video games, you've got an enormous range of options too, from the (essentially free) iGPU, to $100 AIBs, $250 AIBs, and up. But if you want to play bleeding-edge games at high resolutions, expect to pay a bleeding-edge price.

The incessant whining of your ilk grew too tiresome many years ago. Having $1,600 doesn't really make you any more special than the rest of us
Alas, I own no $1600 card, nor even an $800 one. I do, however, understand basic economics. You can understand it too, or you can continue to sniffle and stamp your feet. NVidia could surrender its profit entirely, and the price of these cards would barely budge. That situation isn't going to change until TSMC either manages to improve current yields, and/or decides it's amortized enough of its fab costs to dramatically cut rates.

InvalidError

Titan
If you want to play video games, you've got an enormous range of options too, from the (essentially free) iGPU, to $100 AIBs, $250 AIBs, and up. But if you want to play bleeding-edge games at high resolutions, expect to pay a bleeding-edge price.
Most modern games are marginally playable at best on IGPs and most new GPUs pitched under $200 even with details at medium to low that perform about the same as or sometimes worse than $200 GPUs from 4-6 years ago.

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Most modern games are marginally playable at best on IGPs and most new GPUs pitched under $200 even with details at medium to low that perform about the same as or sometimes worse than $200 GPUs from 4-6 years ago.
You can get a new RX 6600 for ~250 USD or less, which will generally handle up to 1440p, medium to high settings quite well.

Edit: But yeah, the actual sub-$200 options (i.e. RX 6500 XT) are not great.

Last edited:
Reactions: KyaraM

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
I'm in Canada. If I want to buy new-in-box, my options are $176 for an A380 and $390 for the cheapest RX6600. Even used RX6600s are still mostly over $350 after shipping fees.
I'm also in Canada, got a used RX 6600 for $250 a couple weeks ago off Kijiji. But if you're not in or near a city I guess pickings are probably slim.

I'll admit I am surprised how badly the supply/prices of lower-end cards changed here in the last few months though. E.g. the RX 6600 was repeatedly available for ~250 CAD for a little while when prices bottomed out some time after the crypto crash. Now a bunch of models seemingly aren't being restocked at all, and the ones that are at a far higher price. I don't understand.