Nvidia's Stock Bloodbath - Company Admits Faulty Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

hannibal

Distinguished
I hope that they manage to fix these problems... The situation in Nvidia is not too bad as this moment, but we don't need another "AMD" that is in real trouble against Intel...
We need more than one good suplier in all areas...

uschxc

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
i have a dell m1330 with a nvidia 8400M GS and i've had my motherboard replaced once, now twice with the same problem. corrupted video at high temperatures and erratic behavior regardless of temp. now i finally have something to back my case with as far as dell support is concerned.

JonathanDeane

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2006
[citation][nom]uschxc[/nom]i have a dell m1330 with a nvidia 8400M GS and i've had my motherboard replaced once, now twice with the same problem. corrupted video at high temperatures and erratic behavior regardless of temp. now i finally have something to back my case with as far as dell support is concerned.[/citation]

To be honest with you Dell technicians probably already know about the issues your notebook may or may not be having.... As soon as you give them your service tag they bring up your account and that has your model number, they then take that information and put it in another program that spits out all kinds of information from tear downs to known issues and sometimes links to patches or BIOS updates. Even if Dell does know about it, there will have to be some sort of class action law suit in order to make them replace your machine or an act of congress lol *they usually fix them but the fix is sometimes just to replace the main board with another just like the one they replaced...*

klemkas

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2008
well maybe it's not the GPU problem, but the cooling. because my dell xps laptop started to act strange, downclocking and laging games after half year of usage. i did my research, and found out that the CPU unit was overheating, not the GPU. i dissasembled the laptop and the thermal paste on cpu and gpu was all dry, so i replaced it with new paste, cooling problems solved, and all went ok again.

Status
Not open for further replies.