(nvlddmkm) Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB. Dedicated system memory 0 MB. Shared

Sidus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Gateway Model - FX7026
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4

In the Graphics section of the 'Performance information and tools' it doesn't show the 8800GT I have but instead says... :fou:
Display adapter type Standard VGA Graphics Adapter
Total available graphics memory Not detected
Dedicated graphics memory 0 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 0 MB
Display adapter driver version 6.0.6001.18000
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1200
DirectX version DirectX 8 or earlier

..my issue is this. Recently I've been getting a 'nvlddmkm' error message that shut down my system and would restart to Blue-screen. I reinstalled but the graphics kept crashing and showing that error. Since 2 yrs ago lightening striking outside my house caused my PC issues before, I did a visual inspection and seen the MB was damaged a bit. Replaced it and now (after installing and updating) the issues is still present.

My scores used to be 5.9 for my Graphics, but now shows them to be..
Standard VGA Graphics Adapter 1.0
Gaming graphics Not detected 1.0

Am I right in thinking my graphics card is shot, and will getting a new one fix this issue? And is there some way I can find out? Any help would be VERY appreciated. Thank you!

From the looks of it you are currently not using the video card driver that should be installed and are instead running on the standard Microsoft VGA driver (same one as you'd be using if logged in under safe mode) -- try downloading and reinstalling the video card drivers from Nvidia's website.

Sidus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Thanks for replying, but yeh, if I do that then I can only run the OS in SafeMode.
If I restart to install the Updates/Drivers it will go to Windows login, crash, and the screen goes black.
Eventually it then crashes, restarts and goes to Blue-Screen.
That's why I was thinking the 8800GT I have might have gone bad, but I just wanted other opinions since I just seemingly and needlessly purchased a new Motherboard.

Sidus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
I just did an Update Driver attempt from Device Manager..
it says that my Nvidia GeForce 8800GT drivers are up to date. :s

Another odd thing I noticed when I do DL the most recent Graphics Update from the NVIDIA site the screen will always go black when it completes DLn, and will go to the lowest Resolution possible. As if its too much to handle for it. Then, if i scale the Res up, it crashes.

Sidus

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2011
Anyone else have any insight please?
I just reinstalled the OS again because once I did the GPU updates (from NVIDIA site) it crashed to Bluescreen.

Upon reinstall it is again showing my Graphics Rating as 1.0, when before all this started happening, it always showed like 5.8 or 5.9 just after OS reinstall. Atm as long as I don't install updates it doesn't show the error 'nvlddmkm' anymore, but I strongly think my GPU is fried. But I have VERY little PC experience.

So many have read this and only one has any opinion what so ever??

** if it does turn out that the GPU is likely bad I ws thinking of going with the 'EVGA GeForce GTX460 1024 MB DDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with Lifetime Warranty'. That is if it would be compatible with my system**