Question Nvlddmkm error event id 13

May 4, 2023
My System specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x
Ram: 2 X Corsair DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro 2x8GB 3200 (32GB)
Motherbord: MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 3060 gaming trio
PSU: Be Quiet 650 Watts 80 Platinum
BIOS Version: 7C37v1K
Resizable Bar:
enabled

My problem is that my video driver sometimes crashing when i want to game or watch a youtube video., Then i get some wird artifacts on screen.
I can use my pc like 2 weeks or more without any NVIDIA Driver crashing, but some day i get the crash.
When i reboot my pc, it will work normal again.
I did a Memtest with no errors and using latest drivers.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
First try doing a CLEAN reinstall and update of the GPU drivers. Use this DDU tool, and use Safe Mode to completely clear all previous entries. Once done, update to the latest version.

Even ID 13 can also be caused by many other factors as well, but mostly pertaining to power supply, surge protector issues. Also, do NOT overclock your GPU for the time being.

Use this tool first:

You don't say which driver version you have, but the 531 driver set (all drivers with 531 at the beginning), are an unmitigated dumpster fire. People are having the same issue as you, as well as getting blackscreens, bluescreens, full system shutdowns, G-Sync being broken (Lol) and all manner of other problems. The advice I've been giving out, which seems to have an almost 100% success rate, is to wipe the 531 driver out, and switch to 528.49, which is the last known good set of drivers.