ben7614

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
To kick things off here are my system specs

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3
RAM :2 gigs G.skill DDR2 800
GPU: Nvidia 9800 GTX+
Power Supply: Corsiar HX520w

I began receiving this error after my old graphics card : nvidia 8800 gts died and i rma'd the card. i received an 9800gtx+ as my replacement. the nvlddmkm error started almost immediately, though at the time it was infrequent and didn't interrupt my computer usage. As time went on the error become more and more common. I tried all the fixes; ran memtest on all my ram( all clear), wiped and installed the latest drivers and still the error continued. I then RMA'd this 9800 and received a "new" 9800, but after installing this new card the error has become even more debilitating, with the old 9800 i only would get the error in graphically intense situations(gaming) but after installing the new card the error occurs when surfing the web, and has even made playing solitaire impossible. What is the deal here? is it possible i got another bad card or might there be other problems

Solution
It could also be a shaky Windows install or worse a failing PCIe slot, I have a mobo here that was doing that and then the slot died completely.

ben7614

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2010
i uninstalled my drivers with driver sweeper and still have the same problem... reinstall of windows is next on the to do list.... i can only hope that its not a degrading pci-e slot... though it might be time for an upgrade anyway :/

Status
Not open for further replies.