[SOLVED] nvlddmkm freezing computer

ethanchico533

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
Recently i have had problems with my graphics drivers freezing my computer for around 30 seconds then fixing itself after a temporary black screen. This problem started to occur when I installed my brand new RTX 2070 into my system a few weeks ago. When I look in event viewer in the system logs, I get 1 error that says "
The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video5
0c06(2f78) 00000000 00000000"
I also get 4 warning saying "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered."
I normally get this problem when watching youtube or playing games.
My specs: R5 1600
RTX 2070 strix
32gb ddr4
asus prime x370
650w corsair psu

Solution
what model PSU?
Have you tried other drivers? if you on the Sept drivers, run DDU and roll back to last months drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Its possible the cause isn't the card. The card is what is crashing but it might be something else causing it. I went through 3 months of testing and all sorts of fun last year as my screen would just turn off and the drivers weren't recovering. Problem ended up being my mouse. I only found that out after mouse itself stopped working properly, it wasn't even on my radar as causes. Are you using any old peripherals? it might not be same reason, I just ask whenever I see similar problem.

Colif

Win 11 Master
what model PSU?
Have you tried other drivers? if you on the Sept drivers, run DDU and roll back to last months drivers - https://forums.tomshardware.com/faq...n-install-of-your-video-card-drivers.2402269/

Its possible the cause isn't the card. The card is what is crashing but it might be something else causing it. I went through 3 months of testing and all sorts of fun last year as my screen would just turn off and the drivers weren't recovering. Problem ended up being my mouse. I only found that out after mouse itself stopped working properly, it wasn't even on my radar as causes. Are you using any old peripherals? it might not be same reason, I just ask whenever I see similar problem.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS