Nvlddmkm.sys BSOD Problem

David_303

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016
ProblemAfter reinstalling windows 10 I have run into the problem of the nvlddmkm.sys BSOD. The issue I am having is that the blue screen happens indefinitely after every time I log in, sometimes instantly and sometimes I get about a minute of scrambling to fix this somehow with guides I have found. I have yet to find a guide where it helps me solve this issue where I am unable to really access anything on my main pc. I have none of my previous personal files transferred from my reinstall of windows so everything gone. I am really unsure of how to go about fixing this, and would really appreciate quick help.

UPDATE: When attempting to update Motherboard drivers I also get the same BSOD error, I don't know what that means. Also, neither gpu can be found in the device manager under display, all three video cards came up as "unknown device". The only reason I know that the unknown device is my gpu is because the name shows up when i try to update the driver, (which fails) and then it goes back to being unknown device. If I manage to not BSOD, when I attempt to download the graphics driver I get one of two errors depending on how I attempt to update the driver (If updating through device manager it tells me that the driver i am trying to download is not meant for this platform. When attempting to update the driver through nvidia geforce experience or direct download the driver download fails.)

Solved: After doing yet another fresh install of windows I directly put in my GTX 770 instead of my Titan and everything worked like a charm. I will be opening a new post about what to do with the titan. Thanks everyone who came along for my 7 days of psychosis.

Specs:
MOBO : Asus maximus hero vii
Psu: evga 850 g2
Cpu: i7 4990k
Gpu: gtx titan
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16GB

Solutions I have Tried:
- Using DDU and reinstalling the three latest nvidia drivers for my card.
- Switched out all parts with my spare parts (except the motherboard and processor, because my other cpu is amd). Nothing appears to be broken, unless it is in fact the motherboard.
- Reinstall windows (i've done this four times)
- Updating mobo drivers (also causes the same BSOD!) from the original mobo disc and online.
- I took the whole PC apart and looked for things that could be wrong and nothing was broken externally or causing shorts.
- Updating the graphics driver directly through nvidia website and geforce experience.
- Tried updating through device manager.

Colif

Win 11 Master
file name should give you some indication of what it is, its your gpu drivers..

if you can, download the latest Nvidia drivers on a spare pc and put them on usb
you might also want this: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html though I am not sure if it can be installed in safe mode

start pc, and on logon screen, hold shift and in the power options, click restart
this loads advanced start up
select troubleshoot
select advanced
select start up options
choose one of the 3 safe mode options

start in safe mode
go to device manager and roll back the driver under display adapter.
If DDU installs, run it and wipe all traces of Nvidia off pc
restart pc and see if that changed anything. Windows will be using its default drivers until it runs windows update and gets newer copies.
if it doesn't bsod all the time, install the Nvidia drivers you downloaded before, and hopefully that won't recreate the problem.

LukeFatwalker

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
You should be able to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the driver; then either try re-installing it or updating it.

If that doesn't work you can try running repairs on the PC, if Safe Mode doesn't work then it could also be a critical system driver.

Finally, when you are back up and running grab a disk imager (i.e. Macrium Reflect) or snapshot tool (i.e. RollBack Rx) because you should have a backup for cases like this.

David_303

Commendable
Apr 24, 2016

When trying to install via safe mode it told me that it is not possible to download in safe mode. I am still getting BSOD everytime I log in to windows.