_Mutant

Honorable
Oct 15, 2015
As the title states, I've been extremely frustrated with my newly built PC because it constantly crashes at random intervals, mainly when playing video games.

I know I'm not the first person to have this issue, however all of the fixes I see stated online simply do not work for my case

My Specs are:
  • i7 11700K running at stock clocks
  • EVGA RTX 3060 XC (12GB GDDR6) running at stock clocks
  • MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi Motherboard (with latest BIOS update, and default BIOS settings)
  • Corsair RM 750W PSU
  • 16GB of Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM (Running in Dual Channel, channels A2 and B2)
  • Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD (Boot Drive)
  • 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD
  • NZXT H510 Case
  • CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO Black CPU Air Cooler
I have already tried:
  • Doing a clean install of Windows
  • Reinstalling my graphics drivers with DDU (I did this with all current versions for the RTX 3060)
  • Turning off Fast Startup
  • Changing Power Plan Advanced Settings (PCIe Power Management, Wireless Adapter Power Management, Sleep times, etc.)
  • Resetting BIOS settings
  • Running SFC Scannow
  • Running powercfg -h off
  • Swapping my RAM sticks to the other two DIMM slots
  • Testing my RAM with memtest86
  • Ran stress tests to ensure temps are okay (they are)
  • Changed where my PC was plugged in

I cannot find a way to make the PC reliably crash. While it does mostly happen in games, it rarely does outside, and currently never during a stress test, however I may have not run the correct ones for enough time (Currently have tried Unigine Valley, and Furmark for GPU, and AIDA64, and Prime95 for CPU and RAM)

I have uploaded a .ZIP with a bunch of small dump files that may help <<https://ufile.io/x3q47rit>>

I have already contacted Corsair for an RMA on my PSU which I know may solve the problem, but if there's something I haven't tried yet that might solve my problem I'm open to anything

I watched one YouTube video where a guy had the same issue and fixed it by using a different CPU cooler because apparently his conflicted with components on the motherboard causing the issue, so I'm not sure if that will help, but it's worth mentioning.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm completely lost with this issue and just want it fixed. I've already contacted a local repair shop and they'd need multiple days before they can even diagnose the problem, so I'd want to try everything I can before that point if I can.

Thanks so much guys!

-Christian

Solution
Hi _Mutant.

You're probably having overheating issues.

That Hyper 212 EVO is really not a good option for the Intel 11700K. The 11th Gen Intel are fusion reactors. There are a few threads here and on other forums where people with the same CPU and cooler has 100C when stress testing.

You will need one of the best air cooler or a good AIO for that CPU.

This is with a 10700k and it was already too hot.

You say your temperatures are fine. They probably are not. What are they? CPU temperature at idle and in-game and while stress testing?
Hi _Mutant.

That Hyper 212 EVO is really not a good option for the Intel 11700K. The 11th Gen Intel are fusion reactors. There are a few threads here and on other forums where people with the same CPU and cooler has 100C when stress testing.

You say your temperatures are fine. They probably are not. What are they? CPU temperature at idle and in-game and while stress testing?

Solution

_Mutant

Honorable
Oct 15, 2015
Hi _Mutant.

I totally understand what you're saying, and I know the cooler isn't optimal for these chips, but I'd get crashes when idling in a game where usages were <25%, and sometimes even out of games. When checking temps under full load, they would peak in the 90 degree range, however the conditions I would crash under would be far less than that. Even just today I crashed with Rocket League open in the background and just browsing discord, so I don't think temps have anything to do with it