Nvlddmkm.sys [Display driver has stopped responding]

Status
Not open for further replies.

7hm

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2008
So anyone got any ideas for this issue? It seems as if though its not hardware related and more driver/software related. I've put my cpu at stock settings underclocked my graphics card changed ram timings and this is a new set of sticks since i replaced them following someones post saying that that was their issue so gave it a try but apparently it isn't go in safe mode uninstall drivers run driver sweep reboot reinstall nothing problem persists and yes i do have the latest mobo/vid drivers.

[CPU] Intel® Core™ i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz (8 CPUs), Overclocked~4.2GHz
[RAM] 6GB Corsair Dominator DDR3 1600 Triple channel
[MOBO] Asus Rampage II Extreme X58
[GPU] GTX 285 SSC X2 SLI 740/1660/2800
[HDD] WD Velociraptor 300GB x2 raid 0 stripe
[PSU] Corsair 1000HX
[SC] X-FI Titanium
[Case] Lian Li PC-P80
[OS] Windows Vista™ Ultimate SP1

Everything looks in order?
sevenhm

Solution
@7hm, Nice setup man! Extremely nice wiring tuck and control job!!!

Try going back to earlier GPU drivers, I ran into the same thing and going to earlier drivers resolved it, sometimes Nvidia releases drivers that in some games don't get along with your hardware.

If you go back to earlier drivers and the problem disappears, just make a note as to which driver release to stay away from and inform Nvidia about your discovery and maybe Nvidia will fix it with the next release.
@7hm, Nice setup man! Extremely nice wiring tuck and control job!!!

Try going back to earlier GPU drivers, I ran into the same thing and going to earlier drivers resolved it, sometimes Nvidia releases drivers that in some games don't get along with your hardware.

If you go back to earlier drivers and the problem disappears, just make a note as to which driver release to stay away from and inform Nvidia about your discovery and maybe Nvidia will fix it with the next release.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.