[SOLVED] NVMe as Boot Drive Issues

Feb 8, 2022
I know this has been covered before but what I am experiencing is a little different than anything i've read.
Motherboard is an ASUS TUF X590 with a single Corsair MP600 Pro XT M.2 2280 1tb drive installed.
I successfully installed Windows 10 on the drive and it shows as a boot drive but it will not boot to the NVMe upon powerup.
I can go into the BIOS and select the drive and it boots into windows fine but not on powerup of the machine.
Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
I cleaned an old SSD that i had, formatted it gpt and connected it through a sata port as the only drive on the system and created a new install media via Rufus as uefi only. This installed fine onto the SSD but it still kept booting back to the bios. There was an error message on boot referring to fan speed control in the bios. Didn't think that would be a big issue but I went into the bios and disabled all fan controls and everything works fine now. I'm controlling the fans via Lian Li L connect 2 and have a water block on the cpu so bios fan control is not an issue.
Feb 8, 2022
I cleaned an old SSD that i had, formatted it gpt and connected it through a sata port as the only drive on the system and created a new install media via Rufus as uefi only. This installed fine onto the SSD but it still kept booting back to the bios. There was an error message on boot referring to fan speed control in the bios. Didn't think that would be a big issue but I went into the bios and disabled all fan controls and everything works fine now. I'm controlling the fans via Lian Li L connect 2 and have a water block on the cpu so bios fan control is not an issue.

Solution

Okay, that's good. At least you have the issue solved :)