[SOLVED] Nvme boot question

Dec 1, 2019
I’m currently running a single 1 TB WD blue ssd for booting and all storage. I’m looking to install a 500GB nvme m.2 ssd for booting into widows as well as launching whatever games I’m currently playing. I have the windows install on a flash drive to get it installed on the nvme drive.
I guess my question is, does it make sense to have the nvme drive and to use it like this? I know it’ll boot quicker but does it make any difference to use it to launch into games?
also, I plan to get another 1 TB ssd to double my storage. What are the downfalls to having 2 identical drives as opposed to one with a higher capacity?

thanks in advance! I‘m slowly getting into this world and I don’t want to get in over my head and trash my system or hinder any performance
Not sure if it makes any difference but here are my current specs:
Z390-e ASUS motherboard
RTX 2070 gpu
64 gb ddr4 ram 3200mhz
1 tb wd blue ssd
Corsair h55 cpu cooler

Solution
I would leave the WD Blue as it is, with the OS and currently configured applications.
Add the new 500GB NVMe drive as just another drive, and install some games to it.
Having multiple drives is no problem.
Dec 1, 2019
Awesome! Thank you for the quick reply! Since I won’t be installing the OS on the new drive, will it be as simple as just installing it and changing a few settings in the BIOS?