Apr 2, 2023
I recently bought a WD BLACK AN1500 2TB NVMe SSD with the intent on using it as a new boot drive.
This is my first time using a PCIE slot type of storage so I expected some things to go weird but there's still two issues I haven't been able to solve.
For context, I cloned my original boot drive onto the NVMe using Macrium Reflect and have since wiped the old drive of windows, so now it's just the NVMe that has windows.
Everything works fine except for issues relating to startup and boot.

- When I start it from a fresh power on (turned on at the PSU switch after a night of being turned off) the PC will start up for 1 second, power off for 1 second and then power back on normally. I had a similar issue like this which was solved by switching the CMOS battery, but that was an issue with the motherboard and not the storage devices.
- When it does boot into windows desktop, it does so in low resolution for a few seconds and then goes black, then blinks back to life in it's correct resolution. This behavior seemed like it was a driver issue but having reinstalled display drivers, it hasn't changed anything.

Both of these issues are minor currently since I can still work just fine once these two issues have passed, but I'd like to try and solve them before it possibly causes any other issues.
That or at least diagnose the issue so I can think about replacements.
Any ideas?

Specs
GPU : RTX 3080
CPU : i7-8700k
MOTHERBOARD : Asus Prime Z370-A
RAM : 16gb

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

At this point of time, why not consider backing up any and/or all critical content off of your old OS install, save it onto a pen drive and then using another pen drive as a bootable USB installer, reinstall the OS?

Apr 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you currently on for your motherboard?

At this point of time, why not consider backing up any and/or all critical content off of your old OS install, save it onto a pen drive and then using another pen drive as a bootable USB installer, reinstall the OS?

Bios version is 0613.
As for a clean install, while I'm not against it I see that as the last possible resort kind of option. If anyone's got a good tutorial for it though I wouldn't mind taking a look since that should work.

Apr 2, 2023

TRENDING THREADS