Question Nvme drive question

Jul 9, 2019
Hey so, I bought a Sabrent nvme m.2 (cheap but highly praised for its amazing speeds at its price) issue is the drive is 4k sectors but has a converter you can download to convert it to 512e sectors. I sorta understand this but am curious if after i transfer my OS and stuff from my ssd to the nvme if I could/should convert it back to the 4k or if that would even be possible/worth it. Thanks

As far as I know you cannot change a 4k drive to 512 but you could emulate 512 sectors and that is why the
'e' on 512e.

You could create an image of your current drive and the restore that image into the new drive.

You will have to format the drive to go from 512e to 4k.

Jul 9, 2019
As far as I know you cannot change a 4k drive to 512 but you could emulate 512 sectors and that is why the
'e' on 512e.

You could create an image of your current drive and the restore that image into the new drive.

You will have to format the drive to go from 512e to 4k.
Well there is a nifty program they supply that converts the current sector size which I suppose it means its emulating since it says 512e, I also have no idea how to do what you said when it comes to creating an image and restoring it to the new drive

You could use a third party app like Acronis or use Windows 10 own backup features.
On Windows 10 , go to Control Panel>System and Security> Backup and Restore (Windows 7).
On the left pane, click the Create a system image link.
Under Where do you want to save the backup? select On a hard disk (make sure to have a USB disk with enough space to host the system image).
When the image is created you will be prompt to create a system repair disc, you will use the disc to restore the image into the new disc.
If you have a Windows 10 bootable USB flash drive then you could skip the repair disc option, since you could use such drive to restore the image.