[SOLVED] NVME DRIVE

Controlled_

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
I just installed a new NVME drive and installed windows on it. My previous 1TB HDD I formatted before I installed the new windows on the NVME drive.

However, when I disconnect my HDD the PC doesn't detect the NVME. When I connect the HDD back in it boots fine into the NVME drive and when the PC is on I just disconnect the SATA to the HDD and the PC runs fine. But, then when I restart the PC with the SATA cable still removed from the HDD it won't boot to windows???

I'm so confused tbh

Look at the linked pic:
https://prnt.sc/24hrn7a

The top one (WDC) is the NVME and when I then disconnect the bottom drive (ST1) the computer still runs on windows fine, I'm able to install program etc... and then like I said I restart the computer and all of a sudden I don't have anything to boot to, it says connect and boot drive and then press any key to continue.

I installed windows from a DVD drive and the motherboard is an asrock ab350m pro4

Last edited:
Solution
You had both drives connected when you installed the OS on the NVMe drive?

What happened is that the boot partition ends up on the other drive...here, the HDD>
Nothing you did or selected, it just does that.

Assuming this is a brand new install, redo it.
This time, with only the NVMe drive connected.
Delete all existing partitions, and continue on.

USAFRet

Titan

What happened is that the boot partition ends up on the other drive...here, the HDD>

Solution

Controlled_

Distinguished
May 14, 2015

alright, thanks. I'll give it a try