[SOLVED] NVMe error after bios update

Sep 25, 2021
Hi,
I have an Asus Prime B450M-A and yesterday changed my processor from a ryzen 5 2600 to a ryzen 5 5600G. To make that changed I had to update my BIOS version, after the update to the latest version my nvme stoped showing at the bios list of storage devices, this NVMe has my windows on it. And now the things get more weird, when my PC is off and I turn it on the system starts normaly, but when I need to restart the PC for any reason the NVMe disappear and the PC get back to the BIOS page trying to look for a bootable device. Tryed to contact Asus support but nothing seems to help. Before the BIOS update everything was working perfectly, never had a problem with this config since I bought it in 2018. Any ideias on what should I do?

The only thing I hadn't done yet was to put back de r5 2600 e downgrade the bios for the 2018 version, and also this wouldn't fix the problem at all.
Thanks

*edit - the NVMe is a Kingston A1000

Hi,
I have an Asus Prime B450M-A and yesterday changed my processor from a ryzen 5 2600 to a ryzen 5 5600G. To make that changed I had to update my BIOS version, after the update to the latest version my nvme stoped showing at the bios list of storage devices, this NVMe has my windows on it. And now the things get more weird, when my PC is off and I turn it on the system starts normaly, but when I need to restart the PC for any reason the NVMe disappear and the PC get back to the BIOS page trying to look for a bootable device. Tryed to contact Asus support but nothing seems to help. Before the BIOS update everything was working perfectly, never had a problem with this config since I bought it in 2018. Any ideias on what should I do?

The only thing I hadn't done yet was to put back de r5 2600 e downgrade the bios for the 2018 version, and also this wouldn't fix the problem at all.
Thanks

@EDIT - the NVMe is a Kingston A1000
you could try to put back the 2600 and still use the current bios, and see if the boot drive is detected.

TRENDING THREADS