Apr 27, 2021
A friend of mine gifted me a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD. My current desktop has a Z370 GAMING PLUS motherboard. I don't believe my motherboard has the right slot for M.2.

What would be the best way to get the SSD to work with my desktop? I know enough about computers to be dangerous, but I'd love some advice!

Please let me know if there's any additional information you would need to make an informed suggestion.

Solution
A friend of mine gifted me a 1TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD. My current desktop has a Z370 GAMING PLUS motherboard. I don't believe my motherboard has the right slot for M.2.

What would be the best way to get the SSD to work with my desktop? I know enough about computers to be dangerous, but I'd love some advice!

Please let me know if there's any additional information you would need to make an informed suggestion.
That drive is a PCIe 4.0.
Your motherboard has 3.0 M.2 port.

It will work, just at 3.0 performance.
And you will not see any difference.

What type drive(s) are you using currently?

USAFRet

Titan

Solution
Apr 27, 2021

500GB WD Blue SSD + 3TB SATA III Hard Drive Combo (Combo Drive) is what I have currently. I'm just not sure how to install this new drive!