Question Nvme m.2 won't boot anymore

Feb 16, 2019
So I built my new PC yesterday. Installed Windows on the m.2 with no issues and got to installing all other key updates / games.

Noticed all my cores weren't enabled so I enabled them and reset the PC like it asked. On reset Windows won't boot and I'm stuck in bad info config. I have checked bios and the m.2 isn't showing anymore. I have used CMD in the repair Windows options and I can't get the drive to show.

MB Strix x470-f
Rynzen 7 2700x

D

Deleted member 14196

I don’t understand what you mean when you say your cores were not enabled can you please explain? There is nothing you should’ve had to of done so if you can tell us what you’ve done maybe we can help you.

Try resetting your bios And see if you can reboot

D

Deleted member 14196

Maybe your board requires a bios update? As a last resort you could try reinstalling windows clean with your Cores enabled in BIOS and see if that will work

Feb 16, 2019
Bios updated. Just off the phone with Asus and all they said was reinstall windows. So currently trying that route to see if I can get the m.2 to show up

D

Deleted member 14196

You are going to want to format that entire SSD and have no other hard drives powered up when you install windows. Unplug all the other drives before you install windows

The windows installer will be able to delete all the partitions and create the ones that it needs

Feb 16, 2019
Yea it's done. I reformatted all drives connected. Disconnected the 2 I use for games / storage and windows installed on the m.2. The drive won't show up in the bios but I'm not having issues...

I just hope this isn't a reoccurring problem.

OK. Back to normal operation now? I've also had trouble for the UEFI "seeing" M.2 drives. However, they would function normally for OS install and regular use. Also, was "Windows Boot Manager" listed as primary boot when the problem was occurring. Also, M.2 NVMe drivers need to have PCI-E boot enabled to boot properly.