Question NVMe M2 SSD not showing up

Dec 28, 2019
Hello, my new 1 tb NVMe M2 ssd is not showing up in my pc in disk management or bios. I have tried installing it on both the sockets, M.2_1 and M.2_2 but it remains undetected. I currently have a Kingston A400 240GB ssd connected to my SATA6G_5 which works fine. I've disconnected it and looked if the nvme m2 ssd will be recognised but in bios it just says no bootable devices avaliable. I'm not 100% sure if I have connected the SSD correctly as this is my first time building a pc but there is a green light when i turn on my pc.

My motherboard: ASUS B365M A
Graphics card: Colourful I GMAE 2070 SUPER
SSD: CRUCIAL 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Dec 28, 2019
both slots should support an NVME SSD according to the manual.
so if it doesn't show in bios, I'd reseat it and try again (apparently it wasn't making full contact the 1st time).

Had that happen with a Crucial P1 recently, btw.
How would I know if it makes full contact? I've noticed the second slot has an extra little black thing between the first 2242 screw aspot and the socket. Do I have to anything to it? or does it not matter?

no it should go in without having to force it. think the other slot is also keyed for SATA but both should work

as I said last time I installed one - it didn't detect the first time either.

How would I know if it makes full contact? I've noticed the second slot has an extra little black thing between the first 2242 screw aspot and the socket. Do I have to anything to it? or does it not matter?