Question NVME not booting after bios update

Status
Not open for further replies.

10pmstalker

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
I just put together my build with a TUF Gaming X570-Plus. Windows installed just fine, would boot every time. Updated the bios and it won't boot.

Under Boot Priority it shows no drives. (this is the only drive I have in the build so far if you're wondering why nothing is showing up)

SATA Configuration shows Not Present on both slots.

It shows my M.2 under storage Information.

I tried both M.2 slots. Not sure what else to do. Any tips?

Reactions: Grard88

Zii

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2013
It sounds like the bios update reset your boot drive settings. You'll need to dig around in your mobo's manualt to figure out how to reconfigure an NVME SSD as your boot drive again. It's probably somewhere under advanced settings.
Also check your boot order, if you have other drives. Your NVME could be last or not listed at all.

Try pressing F11 on startup (or whatever your select boot device key is) to see if you can manually push it to boot into your NVME drive.

Reactions: Grard88
Jan 15, 2020
I had exact same problem. This post helped me, thanks!

There is a setting "Boot\CSM (Compatibility Support Module)" Once I enabled "Launch CSM" and selected "UEFI and Legacy Eprom" for the Boot Device Control setting it recognized my drive and booted.

Last edited:

Grard88

Prominent
Jun 20, 2020
I just want you all to know, I had this SAME exact issue and was sweating bullets. You guys saved me. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.