Build Advice NVMe not showing anywhere - I’m setting up my new computer and my ssd won’t show anywhere. Help?

May 2, 2023
I setup my new computer and now this happens. I’ve already had a new SSD not work on me. Wtf new technology is supposed to be easier not harder. My NVMe won’t show up anywhere.

Motherboard: Z590 Aorus Elite
RAM: 2x16GB
CPU: intel 9 19000k 11th gen
NVMe: Samsung 980 pcie 3.0x4
GPU: evga 3080

I put the NVME in the top slot. My understanding is this is for 4.0 speeds and is backwards compatible. Someone said it’s reserved for 11gen but that doesn’t make sense. Im at a loss of what to do. I’ve monkeyed with cms, secure boot, legacy, uief. Do I need to move the nvme to the 2nd slot and is this allowed or is there some other setting in the bios I’m missing. This is so irritating. Any help is much appreciated.

Aeacus

Titan
Ambassador
Do I need to move the nvme to the 2nd slot

You can try that. However if it is no help, RMA your drive. You'll get a new, working one.

Wtf new technology is supposed to be easier not harder.

Regardless how new or old the tech is, nothing lasts for forever. Nor is any manufacture 100% perfect at all times. To ease the pain of replacement (DoA), we have warranty for our hardware.
If no hardware ever dies or manufacture would be 100% perfect - there would be 0 need for a warranty.

Reactions: Feldeagle
May 2, 2023
I got it working. Apparently the 11th gen crap applies to the processor type since the ports are connected and did apply to the first slot and my i9 is 10th gen so I can only use the 2nd slot unless I upgrade to an 11th CPU.
Welp that’s what I get for being a noob. Not replacing the processor again for a while. 10 years probably. Thanks for the help.

Reactions: Aeacus