Question NVMe not showing up after removing secondary HDD. Problem with the drive?

May 14, 2023
I recently bought an NVMe m.2 drive (TeamGroup mp33 SSD 1TB) for storage. Was assigned the letter F:. After using it normally for one week I decided to get rid of the old storage hdd (Western Digital 500GB) which was assigned the letter E: and after disconnecting the SATA cable the nvme would at times not show up after restarting and booting, on windows explorer and windows disk management. Tried assigning both the letter E: and Z: to see if it'd do any help but it keep randomly not showing up. Reseated the drive to see if it was a seating problem and nothing changed. Formatted the drive and installed the former removed disk as well yet nothing changed. Boot device (C: letter path) is an Panther SSD 128 GB and the first storage disk (D: letter path) is a 1TB Toshiba HDD. CPU i5 10400f , Motherboard is Gigabyte H410M H
Thanks in advance

May 14, 2023
Can you check which SATA ports are being populated? As for your SSD, use their tool and see if it's pending a firmware update;

You might very well have a faulty or failing drive if it's behaving the same way on a known working(donor) platform.
Program indicates that the disk is in its latest version. Returned it to the store where they checked it on a donor board and they said it worked 10/10 times. I'm currently occupying SATA slots 1 and 3

TRENDING THREADS