Question NVMe PNY not detected in BIOS but Disk Management/Computer (ish)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wowerus

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
Hello. I upgraded my computer with new hardware and got into a problem I can't find a solution for.

My NVMe (PNY CS3040) stopped working and being detected after I used it in my new motherboard. I connected all my hardware and drives 2 NVMe 1 SSD 2 SATA and when Windows Installation appeared I chose to format PNY to get a fresh install for the new computer and it complained and stopped showing in the list of drives. So I installed Windows on another drive at the moment.

I can't see PNY in BIOS but I can see my other NVMe WD Black 850. And I tried changing slots but it was the same.
Diskpart is not showing PNY at all but Disk Management and My Computer is showing it, sometimes as RAW, sometimes NTFS or MBR. And I can even open the drive in My Computer looking around it.

Formating or deleting volume never completes or saying "A Device that does not exist.." and once I got a message I can't format as it is being used by a disk or program.

Motherboard: z790 Hero Asus
CPU: Intel i9-13900k
RAM: 32GB Corsair DDR5
GPU: GTX 2080 Ti
Drives: PNY CS3040 | WD Black 850 | Legacy SSD Samsung | 2 Seagate SATA.

TL:DR
Old OS SSD not working in new setup. Can't format or delete volumes. Doesn't show in BIOS or Diskpart but in Disk Management and My Computer.

wowerus

Reputable
Jan 19, 2018
thats a telltale sign that this nvme is sadly fried
not much you can do.
Could try another motherboard but I doubt it will be worth it

That is sad to hear as it worked just an day before I moved it. Gonna try two more things I saw after some searching and if nothing works I guess it's just try in another motherboard or not use it.

Thanks for the reply! If you come up with anything else please tell.

Reactions: randyh121
Status
Not open for further replies.