Question NVMe problem after trying to install Linux Manjaro

Pony32

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Hello.

So my problem started yesterday when I wanted to install Linux manjaro besides my Windows 10 (dual boot). I've made a mistake and accidentally deleted my windows 10 EFI partition, but this is not the main problem, I did make a backup before trying to install, so my data is safe. My main problem now is that I can't see the NVMe almost anywhere. The only one to recognize it is Linux Manjaro (which I have now installed on the HDD). I formatted the NVMe completely, but everytime I try to make a partition table through Linux gParted, the program stops and the NVMe disconnects from the pc COMPLETELY. I can't even see it in BIOS, that is, only after I shut down the PC it shows in BIOS again. I tried installing Windows again (doesn't even see the NVMe), tried badsectors with Linux, returned 0 errors, tried installing Linux, crashes after trying to create partition table. It seems to me like a writing problem. Is the NVMe dead?

Specs: laptop Asus ROG G702ZC
Ryzen 1600
RX580
8GB RAM
1TB hybrid HDD
Manually installed NVMe M.2 SSD (the one not working)

Thanks for your help!

Lutfij

Titan
Make sure you're on the latest BIOS for your laptop. On another note, you should make sure your installation of Windows 10 is in order prior to installing a secondary OS for a dual boot since Windows 10 is a moody/picky OS. The fact that you deleted EFI, is the sole reason you're going through this issue.

Pony32

Honorable
Jun 24, 2014
Thank you for your reply.

I'm on the latest BIOS. the NVMe (where Windows 10 was installed) has been formatted, there is absolutely nothing on it, but I have no idea what to do next since I either can't see the NVMe or I can't use it because it crashes