Question NVME SSD got slower after resetting pc

Dec 30, 2019
Basically i reached advertised speeds when i installed my new Corsair Force 510 960gb on my Acer Aspire VX-15 Laptop. However, I reset the pc to get a fresh start and fully update windows, Now it can only reach 3000mb read, 700 mb write and 2500 write after trimming using crystal diskmark. Surely this wont hold. Is there anything i could do to solve this?

D

Deleted member 14196

I’ve never had one instance where the reset actually worked. I would back up all my data and do a format and reinstall

D

Deleted member 14196

Your drive manufacturer will have testing software you should use to see if it’s bad you might wanna RMA it

Basically i reached advertised speeds when i installed my new Corsair Force 510 960gb on my Acer Aspire VX-15 Laptop. However, I reset the pc to get a fresh start and fully update windows, Now it can only reach 3000mb read, 700 mb write and 2500 write after trimming using crystal diskmark. Surely this wont hold. Is there anything i could do to solve this?

Your drive should have a max speed of 3480/3000 but thats the speed in optimal conditions.
Did you install your NVMe driver? Mine was from Samsung website.
Did you enable AHCI in bios?
Do you have the latest bios and latest chipset drivers?
What temps is your drive reaching in Samsung Magician during a benchmark?
Did you TRIM using Samsung Magician?

Many drives don't reach their max writing speed e.g. My 970 EVO Plus is 3300Mbps write but I only reach 3000Mbps.

Dec 26, 2019
Your drive should have a max speed of 3480/3000 but thats the speed in optimal conditions.
Did you install your NVMe driver? Mine was from Samsung website.
Did you enable AHCI in bios?
Do you have the latest bios and latest chipset drivers?
What temps is your drive reaching in Samsung Magician during a benchmark?
Did you TRIM using Samsung Magician?

Many drives don't reach their max writing speed e.g. My 970 EVO Plus is 3300Mbps write but I only reach 3000Mbps.
Fim using corsair toolbox and the ssd has the latest firmware. for the bios, i dont have the optiona s it is an acer laptop, but it is enabled. i trimmed using the standard windows software forgot what was it called.

What I did now is swtiched out the corsair force 510 to a 970 evo and also installed a low profile heatsink on the 970 evo to help with the temps abit. It is working close to advertised speeds. the corsair force 510 is now being used as an external ssd with a sabrent enclosure. I only can speculate that the corsair force 510 was runnin too hot causing it too throttle easily due to the high speeds of this type of ssd