Question NVMe SSD in m.2_2 slot keeps randomly disconnecting on ASUS Dark Hero ?

nychi001

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2017
Hello there,

Two months ago I built a new rig and I've been having some problems with it. The m.2_2 that I use as my primary storage and games will randomly disconnect and disappear. By "disconnect" I mean it won't even show up on the Disk Management. I can see into my case and the RBG light s are still on so it still receives power at least. It usually takes a couple of reboots before the system recongizes that its there again. Before I complain to ASUS or ADATA about their parts I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions?

Specs
Motherboard : ASUS ROG Crosshari VII Dark Hero
CPU: Ryzen 7 5800x
RAM Ballistix DDR4 3200x - 32 GB
m.2_1: XPG S40G - 256 GB
m.2_2: XPG S40G - 4 TB
GPU: GTX 1080 Ti
PSU: 760 W.

I only have a few suggestion's may not help but I only have one NVME in my PC and the only thing that really helped when I started getting problems with mine was to unscrew the NVME take it out and make sure its fully in the slot before tightening. Then try asus armmory crate normally last one in the list on motherboard downloads.

nychi001

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2017
I did try unseating the drive and putting back in. I also updated BIOS to version 3702. Issue still occured. I haven't tried using Armory Crate yet. We'll see what that does.