[SOLVED] NVMe SSD is not detected ?

Jul 10, 2021
Hello, I recently bought Wd sn550 1tb nvme ssd. When i installed it on my motherboard m.2 slot it does not showing in bios , disk management , device manager and anywhere else. I updated my bio to latest version but it also didn't work. I thought that ssd might be faulty so I chceked my ssd in my friend's pc it was working absolutely fine. The ssd i bought is also mentioned in support list but still my motherboard is not showing any signs that ssd is connected. Please help me

My pc specs.
Motherboard: gigabyte h410m s2h
Bios ver: F5
Cpu: core i5 10400
Ram: 16gb hyperx fury

Solution
Hello, I recently bought Wd sn550 1tb nvme ssd. When i installed it on my motherboard m.2 slot it does not showing in bios , disk management , device manager and anywhere else.
Set sata controller to AHCI mode in BIOS. Make sure it's not Intel RST with Optane.
Install NVME drivers. You can get them from Intel or Samsung.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30544/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs

What windows version are you using? Windows 7 requires several hotfixes before nvme drives can be used.
Hello, I recently bought Wd sn550 1tb nvme ssd. When i installed it on my motherboard m.2 slot it does not showing in bios , disk management , device manager and anywhere else.
Set sata controller to AHCI mode in BIOS. Make sure it's not Intel RST with Optane.
https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30544/Client-NVMe-Microsoft-Windows-Drivers-for-Intel-SSDs

What windows version are you using? Windows 7 requires several hotfixes before nvme drives can be used.

Solution
Jul 10, 2021

Yes AHCI mode is enabled and I am use windows 10 pro 64 bit

Jul 10, 2021
Have you tried another m2 ssd to make sure the slot is not dead?
Yes I tried wd green m.2 sata ssd it was working 😐 now this issue is related to wrong advertisement of compatible product for motherboard. There is no falut in my wd blue sn550 or in my motherboard. The only fault is that gigabyte listed SSD without checking it's compatibility to make customers now my 6000 rupees are in waste on buying this motherboard after reading that is was compatible but it was lie 😑😑. They should atleast check product compatibility before listing in qvl .

Joseph57

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2014
I looked at the manual for your board that you posted.
Toms-Guide-SSD.jpg

At the very bottom with a little notation it states:
The M2A_SB connector supports up to PCIe x2 SSDs only.

I think this means that your board will not support a pcie gen 3x4 ssd, but only a pcie gen 3x2 ssd drive
Your Wd sn550 1tb nvme ssd is a pcie gen 3x4