Full build specs are in signature:
970 FTW edition
i5-12400
8gbx2 5200MT/s DDR5
Z690I Aorus Ultra Lite mobo
Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB NVMe M.2
6 TB RAID1 archive drives
Corsair RM750e PSU

Not recognized by the BIOS. I used Q-flash to update to the latest BIOS firmware.

I'm going to be installing Ubuntu on the NVMe but I first have to get it recognized by the BIOS before I can boot from an installer USB to do that. I have two open sata plugs but those are eventually going to have a RAID1 archive HDDs attached.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
There's been a large number of threads popping up on the forums, whereby an NVMe drive isn't showing up in BIOS or in the OS GUI. Samsung 970's and 980's have been showing up. I don't want to think that a batch of their drives got afflicted by supply chain issues in the past that are rearing their heads now.

You're on version F22 for your BIOS? Did you try clearing the CMOS after you've verified your BIOS was successfully updated to the latest? If you haven't, power down the system, disconnect from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery and then press and hold down the power button to drain any residual power. Replace the battery after 30 mins and see if your can see the drive in BIOS.

One other thing you could try doing is setting the PCH PCIe link speed to Gen 3;
View: https://youtu.be/uR7mQD7-Aow?t=69

I edited in your specs into the thread's body as sig space specs can and will change over time. When that happens this thread and any and/or all suggestions made might end up moot to the person in the same boat as you're in nw. It's why we ask users to include their specs in the thread's body. Hope you don't mind the edit.

thedonquixotic

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Thank you or the edit and suggestions!

BIOS is version 23a.

Changed the linkspeed setting but no dice.

I've never installed a NVMeto a M.2 slot before. I think I did it right. There are two slots and I put it in the most accessible one but not sure if it's the right one or if it makes a difference which one I put it in.