[SOLVED] Nvme ssd not detected

Aug 28, 2021
Hi, i built a new pc not long ago and it runs smooth and crispy but the only problem i have is that the ssd wont show up in windows when i install it under the heatshield. Only in the slot below the cpu.
Also it does show up in bios in either slot… i would like to mount it under the heatshield ofcourse for the benefits of the heatshield but aldo for a cleaner look…

Solution
problem i have is that the ssd wont show up in windows when i install it under the heatshield. Only in the slot below the cpu.
Also it does show up in bios in either slot…
What windows are you using?
Did you install NVME driver?
Get driver from Intel or Samsung.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...microsoft-windows-drivers-for-intel-ssds.html

Please show screenshot from Disk Management (upload to imgur.com and post link)

USAFRet

Titan
Hi, i built a new pc not long ago and it runs smooth and crispy but the only problem i have is that the ssd wont show up in windows when i install it under the heatshield. Only in the slot below the cpu.
Also it does show up in bios in either slot… i would like to mount it under the heatshield ofcourse for the benefits of the heatshield but aldo for a cleaner look…
Details, please.
Make/model of all the parts.

problem i have is that the ssd wont show up in windows when i install it under the heatshield. Only in the slot below the cpu.
Also it does show up in bios in either slot…
What windows are you using?
Did you install NVME driver?
Get driver from Intel or Samsung.
https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...microsoft-windows-drivers-for-intel-ssds.html

Please show screenshot from Disk Management (upload to imgur.com and post link)

Solution
Your cpu has integrated Radeon graphics.
With this configuration only one M.2 slot is available on this board (M2_1).
Slot M.2_2 is unavailable.

You can install second M.2 drive in PCIE slot PCIE_x16_3 using PCIE to M.2 adapter card. It will operate at PCIE 2.0 speed though.