[SOLVED] NVMe SSD not showing up as bootable anymore

cristimc52

Reputable
Mar 31, 2018
I have 2 SSDs in my PC. One an nvme and one sata. I have windows installed on the first one and on the second linux. After installing linux i noticed that the nvme is not showing up as a bootable drive in the bios anymore.
It still shows up in the "disks" app and i've been able to copy files from it. The question is can i still get it to boot into windows without formatting and reinstalling?

Solution
I have 2 SSDs in my PC. One an nvme and one sata. I have windows installed on the first one and on the second linux. After installing linux i noticed that the nvme is not showing up as a bootable drive in the bios anymore.
It still shows up in the "disks" app and i've been able to copy files from it. The question is can i still get it to boot into windows without formatting and reinstalling?
Did you remove/disconnect Windows drive while installing Linux ? Probably not and now Linux took over boot sector.
Now you need to disconnect drive with Linux and fix boot problem with Windows disk.

Did you remove/disconnect Windows drive while installing Linux ? Probably not and now Linux took over boot sector.
Now you need to disconnect drive with Linux and fix boot problem with Windows disk.

Solution