Question Nvme SSD not showing up as media device for Windows 10 installation nor bootable in BIOS

Jan 5, 2022
Hi,
I'm using an ASUS GL702VM-DB74. Been using it for 2 years now. Recently woke up and the laptop wouldn't boot windows. The Nvme wasn't showing in boot option in BIOS. It only showed in the Nvme configuration in the BIOS with it's description. Tried to reinstall Windows 10 but the Nvme wouldn't show in the list of devices to install. I have installed Intel rapid storage technology drivers to no avail. The Nvme doesn't show in disk part in command prompt.
PS: I didn't delete the secure boot keys when trying to install windows 10. The Nvme SSD is an Intel SSD 600P Series. Model No. SSDPEKKW512G7. It came with the laptop.
Please help!!

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Something similar happened to me on a client's system. SSD didn't want to boot to OS GUI, showed up in BIOS but the SMART error message said my SSD was in need of replacement since it's going to fail. I tried formatting the SSD/partitions but no matter what I did, the SSD would not react to my commands. Turned out that the issue was the SSD's controller itself, sent it off for RMA and got it replaced the same day.

Might want to see if the SSD operates as it should on a donor laptop/system. If the laptop is beyond warranty, might want to look into a replacement SSD purchase. BIOS updates pending on your laptop?

Jan 5, 2022

Something similar happened to me on a client's system. SSD didn't want to boot to OS GUI, showed up in BIOS but the SMART error message said my SSD was in need of replacement since it's going to fail. I tried formatting the SSD/partitions but no matter what I did, the SSD would not react to my commands. Turned out that the issue was the SSD's controller itself, sent it off for RMA and got it replaced the same day.

Might want to see if the SSD operates as it should on a donor laptop/system. If the laptop is beyond warranty, might want to look into a replacement SSD purchase. BIOS updates pending on your laptop?

The Nvme SSD itself works fine when I tried it on other laptops. Tried flashing the BIOS but the system said the BIOS are up to date.
How do I get the controller/SSD replacement? The laptop is beyond warranty.

Jan 5, 2022

The error message I also got was:
Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller series v2.61 (01/07/15)
PXE-E61: Media test failure, check cable.
PXE-MOF: Exiting PXE ROM.
Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key.