Feb 29, 2020
Hi guys,

I just recently built my first PC, however I had the longest time trying to get it to work.

So in the beginning when I first booted my PC, it would be stuck at the ASUS logo screen, with press del / F2 to enter BIOS screen.
- pressing the buttons did not let me enter BIOS and I was just stuck there

After some trouble shooting, I figured out that if I removed the m.2 NVME SSD from the mobo and only connected by old HDD it allowed me to enter BIOS and all that fun stuff.
  • However I wanted to install OS onto the new SSD.
  • After some more troubleshooting I figured out that if I put my SATA - RAID and NVME to RAID in BIOS settting I was able to enter BIOS and everything with the SSD installed.

Therefore, currently I have win10 installed on my NVME SSD but now I cannot see my OLD HDD in explorer or disk management. I see the OLD HDD listed as RAID in bios (500G) but I do not see it in windows.

Please help!!

Also, if you can help me run my SSD in AHCI rather than RAID that would also be great.

I have updated all the drivers including BIOS

Thanks.

MOBO: ASUS Prime x570-P

Solution
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please list your current system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mentioning which slots you'd used to populate the drives. Often times, SATA ports might be disabled or shared when adding hardware.

You should also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then look at setting the storage controller to AHCI in BIOS.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

We're going to need more information. Please list your current system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Mentioning which slots you'd used to populate the drives. Often times, SATA ports might be disabled or shared when adding hardware.

You should also make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard and then look at setting the storage controller to AHCI in BIOS.

Solution