Question NVMe SSD shows more used space than actually in use ?

Aug 30, 2022
Hey! So yesterday I installed an NVMe <SSD> from my old laptop to my desktop. Formated the drive, and made a new steam library on it and installed a game which is 60gb but the space used on the drive shows as 99gb. This drive used to be the System drive for the laptop, and I was wondering if maybe some restore points have remained after the formatting even if they dont show in WinDir. I hope there is no corrupted part ;d. I would really appreciate any input anyone might have Thanks!

Hey! So yesterday I installed an NVMe from my old laptop to my desctop. Formated the drive, and made a new steam library on it and installed a game which is 60gb but the space used on the drive shows as 99gb. This drive used to be the System drive for the laptop, and I was wondering if maybe some restore points have remained after the formatting even if they dont show in WinDir. I hope there is no corrupted part ;d. I would really appreciate any input anyone might have Thanks!
It's the game reserve for future game updates this is normal

Hey! So yesterday I installed an NVMe from my old laptop to my desctop. Formated the drive, and made a new steam library on it and installed a game which is 60gb but the space used on the drive shows as 99gb. This drive used to be the System drive for the laptop, and I was wondering if maybe some restore points have remained after the formatting even if they dont show in WinDir. I hope there is no corrupted part ;d. I would really appreciate any input anyone might have Thanks!
Did you also delete all the partitions ?

Aug 30, 2022
Last edited:
Reactions: white.a.drew