Question NVMe SSD stuck at PCIe 3.0 x 1, and only 800 - 900 mbps speed ?

Mar 18, 2023
I have a Dell Precision 5510 Laptop with only one M.2 slot. I have installed a 1TB Lexar NM620 NVME SSD with Windows 11 Pro installed on same SSD, I have made 3 partitions.

Every time I remove the SSD and reinstall it, on the first boot it gives the correct speed of around 3200 - 3300 mbps. but after first restart, the speed goes down to around 800 - 900 mbps. I have tried this multiple times and I get the same result.

I have also noticed that it is stuck at PCIe 3.0 x 1, while PCIe 3.0 x 4 is supported. And after reinstalling the SSD sometimes it show PCIe 3.0 x 4 while sometimes it is on PCIe 3.0 x 1. But in both cases, I am getting correct speed for the first boot only and then it goes down. Suggest me with a solution to this problem.

I have a Dell Precision 5510 Laptop with only one M.2 slot. I have installed a 1TB Lexar NM620 NVME SSD with Windows 11 Pro installed on same SSD, I have made 3 partitions.

Every time I remove the SSD and reinstall it, on the first boot it gives the correct speed of around 3200 - 3300 mbps. but after first restart, the speed goes down to around 800 - 900 mbps. I have tried this multiple times and I get the same result.

I have also noticed that it is stuck at PCIe 3.0 x 1, while PCIe 3.0 x 4 is supported. And after reinstalling the SSD sometimes it show PCIe 3.0 x 4 while sometimes it is on PCIe 3.0 x 1. But in both cases, I am getting correct speed for the first boot only and then it goes down. Suggest me with a solution to this problem.
Does it do the same thing with a different m.2?