Question NVME SSD windows installation problems

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
Do you have other drives that are connected and can be seen from within BIOS?

I was looking at the manual to see if there was anything about the M.2 ports disabling SATA ports, like is fairly common, but didn't see anything about that in the manual.

Keep in mind that the above linked thread is for a completely different motherboard.

It looks like there is a lot of if/then in relation to the M.2 slots, the gen speed it's running, and the CPU being used. It will be helpful if you post full system specs.

amd vs nvida

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
Do you have other drives that are connected and can be seen from within BIOS?

I was looking at the manual to see if there was anything about the M.2 ports disabling SATA ports, like is fairly common, but didn't see anything about that in the manual.

Keep in mind that the above linked thread is for a completely different motherboard.

It looks like there is a lot of if/then in relation to the M.2 slots, the gen speed it's running, and the CPU being used. It will be helpful if you post full system specs.

Ryzen 5 5600x
Ballistix 16 GB 3600mhz CL16
GTX 1060 6 GB
Evga supernova 550w
Aorus B550M Pro-P
1 TB NVME SSD WDS100T2B0C

XMP is off.

no other drives connected. I can only see the ssd when CSM support is on even after installing windows onto it.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
CSM is for legacy devices, so far as I am aware and am not sure why you would be using it on a system this new.....

By what method did you install Windows to the disk that you now cannot see without "legacy mode" on?

IE, like the installer had to be able to see the disk to install to it, but isn't now?

amd vs nvida

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2013
CSM is for legacy devices, so far as I am aware and am not sure why you would be using it on a system this new.....

By what method did you install Windows to the disk that you now cannot see without "legacy mode" on?

IE, like the installer had to be able to see the disk to install to it, but isn't now?
I used a bootable USB from the windos creation tool. I can see the disk inside the windows installer and install to it. When i try to boot from the disk i get a message saying reboot and select proper boot device.

Installer can always see the disk no matter the BIOS settings.